- 2 medium sized fresh tomatoes, cored and cut in half
- 1 whole jalapeno chilli pepper, stem removed, chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- Put tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, salt and water into a blender. Puree for 20 seconds, until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Pour puree into pan. Bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture changes to a darker red, approx. 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not using it.
Serve with our delicious Spring Rolls.